Thursday, June 16, 2011

Middle of Nowhere


Well, everybody, here it is - my very first short film! That's right, I finally got around to try my hand at scriptwriting, directing and editing a 20-minute short slasher film, and it was an incredibly fun experience both for me and for all of my very good friends who decided to participate in this! It is full of beginner's mistakes that I can see NOW, but nonetheless, I am proud to have started and finished a project of some magnitude. You need to keep in mind that this an independent, first-time, no-budget production. Everyone involved are friends of mine who wanted to help, and the only one who has any acting experience at ALL is me (and I play the killer because of my height) - in fact, none of us have done ANYTHING related to filmmaking before. The camera is an old video camera, we didn't have a microphone, the budget was paid collectively, etc. So it's nothing big or flashy, but it is OUR project, and I am proud of it.

I want to thank everyone over at the wonderful site IndyMogul, for showing me that this would be possible, and the community there for giving some good advice - you can check the place and their awesome indie filmmaking shows out right here: http://www.indymogul.com

I hope you enjoy watching this as much as I enjoyed making it.

Remember, you can always send me suggestions for videos at Eshbaalauthr@gmail.com

-Stay Scared

No comments:

Post a Comment