Thursday, July 9, 2009

Welcome to Horrible Horror

Hello to all of you, and welcome to Horrible Horror - where I put my life on the line for your entertainment!

---

This blog will be used to collect episodes of my new video review series. What is it about? Well, Horrible Horror.

I figured that I might as well share a little fascination I have with horror films... preferably of the B-variety. I am a big fan of various "bad" horror films, and I can usually find quite a few redeeming qualities, for an example by taking things such as budget and time constraints into accountThis is the first of a new video series I am going to do.I figured that I might as well share a little fascination I have with horror films... preferably of the B-variety. I am a big fan of various "bad" horror films, and I can usually find quite a few redeeming qualities, for an example by taking things such as budget and time constraints into account. That, and they just amuse the hell out of me. But in this series, I will go over the very very worst I can think of.

At least, that is the main meat of the show - comedic reviews of bad, bad, bad horror movies. But there will also be various other aspects of the show:

---

Recently Seen Horrors

These mini-videos are reviews of film I have recently seen and wish to talk about - be they bad or good, new or old - for whichever reason I may have in mind. Basically, these will largely be me giving my opinion of a movie I find particularly interesting or worth saying a few words about in a largely unscripted and simple format. They will mostly consist of me talking, followed by the occasional clip or picture, and are not as entirely focused on comedy as the main reviews.

Horrible Horror - Recommendation Rounds

These are videos I will make where I decide to talk about a specific, popular theme in horror films - an example would be Evil Clowns. These are not necessarily based on historical facts even if they may include some - the basic idea of THESE videos are to tell you, the viewer, about the theme itself, and me giving my analysis of why I think this particular theme is used as often (or rarely) as it is and give a few examples. At the end of the video, I will recommend a couple of films fitting the theme that I personally find particularly good.

TOP 10

What kind of reviewer would I be without occasionally making Top 10 lists?
These speak for themselves - whenever I make a top 10 list, I gather what I consider to be the ten best within a particular theme or subject. With a genre as subjective as horror, however, I will not claim to make it any sort of 'official' list - I am but a fan, and no expert in the field, and with horror being as varied a genre as it is, I would have no right to choose which are the greatest. Instead, they will be personal lists of what I consider to be the ten best - wether it be kills, monsters, plotlines, whatever.

---

So that's the basic gist of the show. You are more than welcome to e-mail me suggestions for movies you would like me to review at Eshbaalauthr@gmail.com

And to all you Horror Fans out there, I can only say:

Stay tuned, and Stay Scared!


-Eshbaal

No comments:

Post a Comment